Thursday, March 18, 2010

introduction



vasudeva the ferryman (from herman hesse's "siddharta") spent his days helping people cross a river which to most, was simply an obstacle in their otherwise busy schedules.  he comments that it is extremely rare, but every once in a great while, one of these people will stop to enjoy the river's ever flowing presence.  a smaller number yet.... actually listen.

i didn't need to start another blog, but i found myself wanting to as i spend a good amount of time reflecting on my own moments in life when i stop to listen.  these moments when the world fades around me as i dissipate into the "now" of what is around me are some of the most precious i have experienced.

having a dedicated place to unpack some of the thoughts, sights, sounds, and experiences i have when i head outdoors seemed like a meaningful endeavor.  so to this end, i have begun my third blog.

...life is short.  may time be treasured....

No comments:

Post a Comment